Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentines Crafts: Homemade Playdough

For Valentines Day, I wanted to send my daughter to school with more than the traditional store bought Valentines Day cards so we decided to make homemade playdough to accompany her homemade valentines!


Simple Cooked Play Dough


3 cups of flour
1 1/2 cups of salt
3 cups of water
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 Tablespoons cream of tarter
Red food coloring

In a saucepan, mix the dry ingredients. In a measuring cup, mix the wet ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the saucepan and mix until well combined. Cook the ingredients over medium heat for about 1-2 minutes until dough forms a skin and pulls from the sides of pan. Let cool and knead for 2 minutes. Store in an airtight container.

Here's my finished product.


Since I was giving them as gifts for Valentines day I made hearts...


And bagged them in Valentines cellophane bags!

No comments:

Post a Comment