Friday, February 24, 2012

Buford's Fish Fillets and Oven-Baked Potato Wedges

For dinner I decided to do two recipes, Buford's Fish Fillets and Oven-Baked Potato Wedges. The fish was ok, but not the best. My husband isn't a fan of fish and he really didn't like this. The kids thought it was ok, but asked me to make it my way next time. 

My fish recipe is available here. My husband and kids love it, and they definitely are not fish fans! They nicknamed it 'chicken fish' because it kind of tastes like my chicken strips.

The Oven-Baked Potato Wedges were very good! I have a deep fryer and I usually fry my fries but this method was both quicker and healthier. The deep fryer has to preheat for 20 minutes and these cooked in the time it would have taken to preheat the fryer! I was also able to cook all the fries at once where it would have taken a few batches to cook up the same amount in the fryer!


Fish recipe:

vegetable oil
4 tablespoons butter, melted
2/3 cup buttery crackers
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pound tilapia, sole, scrod, or other mild fish

Heat oven to 350°F and grease a 9x13 baking pan. It a flat bowl, stir together crushed crackers, cheese, basil, oregano, and garlic. Dip the fish fillets one at a time into the melted butter, until coated, then into the crumb mixture, until coated. Place fish in the baking pan and bake until flaky, about 20-25 minutes.


Potato Wedges:

4 medium Idaho potatoes
1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
salt to taste

Heat oven to 425°F. Slice the potatoes into about 10 wedges, you can peel them if you wish. Dry off the excess starch. In a bowl, toss the potatoes in the oil to coat and bake them on a pan for about 25 minutes, turning them about halfway through. Sprinkle with salt. 


Recipes adapted from the book: Disney's The Princess and the Frog Tiana's Cookbook Recipes for Kids. Copyright © 2009 Disney Enterprises, Inc. Published by Disney Press, an Imprint of Disney Book Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment