Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Fried Fish Recipe

My family does not like fish much. Fish is healthy and I want my kids to try a variety of foods so I've made fish over and over again in a variety of ways. So far this has been their favorite. I have also made chicken strips with the same recipe and they are delicious too!!!

4 fish fillets
Oil for frying
1/2 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
1 cup Flour
1-2 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning (adjust according to taste)
Salt and Pepper, to taste (optional) - Old Bay has salt so its not necessary, I use about 1/4 tsp each

In one bowl beat the milk ad egg together. In another bowl mix flour and seasonings together. Dip the fish in the milk-egg mixture then coat in the flour. For a thicker coating, re-dip the fish in the milk-egg mixture and the flour mixture. Fry the fish in a pan or deep fryer until well browned (a few minutes on each side).



My mom also makes a delicious fish recipe that the kids love but mine never turns out like hers, I'm working on the recipe. Once I get it right I will post hers, it's not breaded thus healthier!

No comments:

Post a Comment