Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Egg in a Nest

This is my first horrible attempt at an Egg in the Nest! I made it again and it came out PERFECT but I forgot to take a picture! I know I'm going to try to make it again because it is a delicious and simple breakfast item! I'll try to get a better picture :)


A recipe for this is very simple!

You need:
sliced bread
eggs
butter

Using a glass or cookie cutter cut a hole in the center of the bread. Melt about a tablespoon of butter in a pan over medium heat. Fry the bread and the cut out in the pan for 1-2 minutes then flip (you may need to add a little more butter). Lower the heat and crack and pour an egg into the hole. Cover the pan and cook the egg until it is firm, about 3 minutes. If you want an over-easy egg, flip the bread-egg over and cook for another minute or so. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment